CAS management and our deal team are available 24/7 to respond to the needs of all our partners with expert guidance and perspective — OBS companies, investors, professional associations, strategic partners and the media.
Please feel free to reach out at any time to our Managing Directors Michael Lamm at 202.904.7192 or Mark Russell at 301.404.5757.
During the past few weeks we have seen how constituents of the OBS space face tough choices as calls for social distancing increase. Because clients depend on the critical services their OBS partners provide, OBS companies cannot easily make the decision to suspend operations and send workers home. What’s more, clients may be increasing their support needs as they temporarily suspend operations.
Since we appear to be in the early days of this pandemic, individual business and industry leaders are called upon to plan how to manage this crisis. Following are a few considerations:
- OBS companies with remote capabilities should share this information with the marketplace, as demand for these capabilities escalate.
- OBS companies that remain office based should follow all guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
- Consider both short-term and long-term consequences of all actions taken in response to the present crisis.
- Practice complete transparency with clients. Advise clients in advance if you anticipate any interruption in services.
- Increase your client support efforts to the extent possible. Your mindful partnership will be remembered long after the crisis ends Diminished support will be similarly remembered.
- Consider the financial hardship suffered by workers sent home due to office closings.
- Adhere to all legal guidelines.